Tuesday, June 6, 2017

A Great Wedding #turningturpin5617

We made it to Texas in one piece and made it to our hotel and bed by 3:30am (yikes!) instead of 8:30pm the night before. Later that morning we took it easy and headed out to see some natural caverns at "Cave Without a Name" in Boerne, Texas. It was beautiful and we were the only ones on the tour. The guide was a very, very nice young man who answered every question (and there were many) our little group had.


That evening we headed out the Gonzales' house for dinner. Somehow I didn't take a single picture of the very fun evening!

The next day we took Ely to iFly San Antonio. It was so much fun. When Katherine first went out, the people watching said "She is so little, how old is she?" To which I replied, 6. Then it was Elise's turn and they then said "Oh my goodness, she is tiny, how old is she?" To which I replied 3 (the minimum age to do it). They loved it! We all did!



Elle Kimberly



Elise's helmet came off on her video, because she is so small. The instructor stopped her run, got her a different helmet and did her last turn again, taking her up high too, but that wasn't on her video.

The day before the wedding we made our way into San Antonio proper.  It was very, very hot. Our friend Karen recommended this little park for the kids. It was fun!

The girls were flower girls for Christina and Dylan's wedding. We had a great time rehearsing:

And at the rehearsal dinner:

Kids, they bring a whole new meaning to "let's party!"

The morning of the wedding we walked The Riverwalk  and made it up to The Alamo:

Then it was time to get dressed. The girls got ready with the wedding party and had a grand old time doing so:

Elise showing how pretty her dress is to Christina:

And then it was time:

I think we cleaned up quite nicely:

The reception was so, so much fun!

We had hoped to spend a few extra days in Texas, but the flights did not work in our favor. One more day is what we had, so we hung out by the Gonzales pool and visited. I kind of felt bad - the kids kept telling me "Mom, this pool is so great, it is so much nicer when it is hot outside to go swimming." Yeah, I know........

 And then went to the Airport, where things were absolutely crazy since I did not notice our flight was changed to depart 30 minutes early. In my defense that particular flight had been changed four times by the airline from the purchase of the ticket. Justin was not so happy -but we made it home.  It took a few day of recovering but was well worth it -such a great family visit!

No comments: